January 20, 2024 | Saturday
MORE INFORMATION AND REGISTER >>
There are over 3 million adults in the United States suffering from epilepsy. The U.S. continues to see a treatment gap for these patients. With Florida being ranked 3rd for highest number of Epilepsy cases, the Inaugural Marcus Neuroscience Institute Epilepsy Symposium has set out to help bridge this gap.
This half-day event will focus on increasing attendee awareness on the complexities of care for epilepsy patients. Healthcare providers will be engaged in curriculum covering advancements in epilepsy and updated on treatment options available.
Upon completion of this symposium, participants should be better able to:
- Identify the new antiepileptic medications and discuss updates in clinical practice with epilepsy and status epilepticus.
- Describe the role of epilepsy monitoring units (EMU) in evaluating, diagnosing, and treating seizures.
- Discuss how videos can be utilized to diagnose seizures and evaluate seizure activity.
- Describe identification and management of psychogenic nonepileptic seizures (PNES).
- Discuss risk factors and prevention of sudden unexplained death in epilepsy (SUDEP).